I’ve been tagged by Cindy Woodsmall, who probably thinks herself pretty clever to weasel me into this silly game of posting 8 random things about myself. Oh well. What do I have to lose?
1. I exhibited obsessive compulsive tendencies for about a year as an 8-year-old, needing to touch each of my fingers together equally if any of them happened to touch: tips-to-thumbs, sides-to-sides, whatever. Yeah. Seriously.
2. I’ve never been to New York.
3. My recurring childhood nightmare of being kidnapped from my bedroom in the middle of the night was recently solved when my 4-year-old checked out a library book of Richard Scarry’s nursery rhymes in which a wolf breaks into a house and steals all the children in his big black bag. I hadn’t seen the book in over 25 years.
4. I don’t like frosting.
5. I generally try to read multiple books at once, a mix of fiction and nonfiction, so that I can evaluate the random connections and find different ideas according to the associated books I read them with. Not because I’m particularly intelligent, merely efficient.
6. I’ve never read a book I couldn’t put down. Except one.
7. I once showed Danny DeVito to his seat at a movie premiere in Westwood. He said, "Thanks."
8. I cried so much reading my vows at my wedding, I could barely get through them.
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog
about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight
people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them
they’re tagged, and to read your blog.